Sunday, October 31, 2010

The U-Turn

A few months ago, I filed a Motion for Contempt and Motion for Sums Due and Owing for a female client whose ex-husband was over $8,000 behind in child support. He failed to show up for trial, so I got an Order of Commitment from the Judge. Basically, the Judge signed a warrant for the guy's arrest with an order that the guy had to post the full $8,000+ in back child support before he would be released from jail. Fast forward to last week...Mr. I don't Show Up for Court or Pay My Child Support decided to do a U-Turn in the middle of Brentwood near the Galleria and got pulled over. And guess what Mr. Brentwood Police Officer found when he ran his license.....DING! DING! DING! A big fat warrant for his arrest! Amazingly, Mr. I don't Show Up for Court or Pay My Child Support coughed up the $8,000+ within 24 hours of his arrest, my client got her money, and I am now her hero....Talk about one expensive U-Turn. Bet he doesn't make that mistake twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment